Product Summary Pages
A custom solution set for your noise, vibration or thermal problems can include various materials. Following is a brief description of some of the materials that may be included in your solution.
Acoustical absorbing foams are widely used to reduce noise levels within a given space. These tough foams are produced using a proprietary thin sheet casting process that chemically bonds the foams to a variety of facings and the adhesive.
- TUFCOTE Foam Series Summary Sheet (pdf) – Our formulated TUFCOTE acoustical foams meet the needs of specific application within different markets.
- TUFCOTE XL Foam Product Bulletin (pdf) – TUFCOTE XL Acoustic Foam has a high NRC of 0.8 at 1-inch thickness and is available with an aluminized or black facing.
- TUFCOTE H PSM Foam (pdf) – H PSM Foam is an custom designed foam for applications requiring both acoustic and thermal control.
Structural damping materials help reduce destructive energy in your product.
- Damping Series Summary Sheet (pdf) – Structureborne damping can be customized by material thickness or facing for your specific application.
- Damping Composites Summary Sheet (pdf) – Damping composites combine the benefits of both an acoustical foam and a structureborne damping material.
- ISODAMP TD-1604 (pdf) – TD-1604 is a self-adhering, damping composite used for controlling structureborne vibration
Our proprietary, highly damped elastomeric materials provide high-performance shock, vibration and noise control.
- Vibration Isolation (pdf) – With our materials and custom engineering, we can create an isolation package for your specific application.
- ISOLOSS SL Molding Materials (pdf) – The ISOLOSS SL molding materials help control unwanted vibration in your application.
Our thermal shielding products help protect against thermal damage to improve both reliability and comfort.
- TUFshield TS-5475 (pdf) – TUFshield TS-5475 thermal barrier is a 3D lightweight, highly-conformable heat shield composite.
- TUFshield TS-5470 (pdf) – The TUFshield TS-5470 material is a flexible composite made to fit into unique spaces while maintaining its thermal protection properties.
- TUFshield TS-2470 (pdf) – TUFshield TS-2470 thermal shield is a light-weight, highly conformable, resilient thermal solution for use on irregular surfaces.
- TUFshield TS-2471 (pdf) – TUFshield TS-2470 thermal shield is a light-weight, highly conformable, resilient thermal solution for use on the most challenging surfaces.
- D-50PRA TUFCOTE Foam (pdf) – D-50PRA TUFCOTE foam is a 4# foam with a perforated reinforced aluminum facing. The underlayment foam is good for low compression set applications.
Slow Recovery and Gasketing Foams
The use of slow-recovery foam for shock absorption or vibration isolation is an important point in your application. Gasketing foam is also useful for shock protection, vibration isolation or gasketing applications.
- CONFOR™ M Foam (pdf) – CONFOR M slow-recovery foams are suitable for highly diverse applications requiring a foam with low compression set and excellent energy absorption.
Barrier and Barrier Composites
TUFCOTE sound barriers meet the physical and performance requirement of a variety of applications.
- Barrier Treatment (pdf) – TUFCOTE Barriers are one of the most effective means to control the transmission of airborne noise. They are easy to install and resistant to contaminants and heat.
- Barrier Composites (pdf) – Barrier composites incorporate the sound absorption properties of acoustical foams with the sound barrier properties of barrier material.