Product Summary Pages
A custom solution set for your noise, vibration, or thermal problems can include a variety of materials. Click here to review a summary of the materials offered by Aearo Technologies LLC. More detailed product information and data sheets are provided below.
Acoustical absorbing foams are widely used to reduce noise levels within a given space. These tough foams are produced using a proprietary thin sheet casting process that chemically bonds the foams to a variety of facings and the adhesive.
- TUFCOTE™ Foam Product Introduction (pdf) – Introduction to Aearo Technologies LLC TUFCOTE™ acoustic foams.
- TUFCOTE Foam Series Summary Sheet (pdf) – Our formulated TUFCOTE acoustical foams meet the needs of specific application within different markets.
- TUFCOTE XL Foam Product Bulletin (pdf) – TUFCOTE XL Acoustic Foam has a high NRC of 0.8 at 1-inch thickness and is available with an aluminized or black facing.
- TUFCOTE H PSM Foam (pdf) – H PSM Foam is an custom designed foam for applications requiring both acoustic and thermal control.
- TUFCOTE D-Series PRA Foam (pdf) – This 4# density foam features a perforated reinforced aluminum facing and low compression set.
- Thinsulate TK-0578 Acoustic Thermal Insulation (pdf) – Thinsulate TK-0578 is a high temperature resistant, acoustic insulation material.
Structural damping materials help reduce destructive energy in your product.
- ISODAMP™ Damping Materials Introduction (pdf) – Introduction to Aearo Technologies LLC ISODAMP™ damping materials.
- Damping Series Summary Sheet (pdf) – Structureborne damping can be customized by material thickness or facing for your specific application.
- Damping Composites Summary Sheet (pdf) – Damping composites combine the benefits of both an acoustical foam and a structureborne damping material.
- ISODAMP TD-1604 (pdf) – TD-1604 is a self-adhering, damping composite used for controlling structureborne vibration
- HMD Tiles (pdf) – HMD tiles are ideal for damping applications that require thick, stiff substrates
- HD Damping Material (pdf) – ISOLOSS™ HD elastomers exhibit excellent load-bearing strength, compression set resistance and stiffness stability over a broad service temperature range.
Our proprietary, highly damped elastomeric materials provide high-performance shock, vibration and noise control.
- Vibration Isolation Molding Materials Product Introduction (pdf) – Introduction to Aearo Technologies LLC vibration isolating molding materials.
- Vibration Isolation Roll Goods Product Introduction (pdf) – Aearo Technologies LLC vibration isolating roll goods.
- Vibration Isolation (pdf) – With our materials and custom engineering, we can create an isolation package for your specific application.
- ISOLOSS SL Molding Materials (pdf) – The ISOLOSS SL molding materials help control unwanted vibration in your application.
Our thermal shielding products help protect against thermal damage to improve both reliability and comfort.
- TUFshield™ Thermal Solutions Product Introduction (pdf) – Introduction to Aearo Technologies LLC thermal barrier materials.
- TUFshield TS-5475 (pdf) – TUFshield TS-5475 thermal barrier is a 3D lightweight, highly-conformable heat shield composite.
- TUFshield TS-5470 (pdf) – The TUFshield TS-5470 material is a flexible composite made to fit into unique spaces while maintaining its thermal protection properties.
- TUFshield TS-2470 (pdf) – TUFshield TS-2470 thermal shield is a light-weight, highly conformable, resilient thermal solution for use on irregular surfaces.
- TUFshield TS-2471 (pdf) – TUFshield TS-2470 thermal shield is a light-weight, highly conformable, resilient thermal solution for use on the most challenging surfaces.
- D-50PRA TUFCOTE Foam (pdf) – D-50PRA TUFCOTE foam is a 4# foam with a perforated reinforced aluminum facing. The underlayment foam is good for low compression set applications.
Slow Recovery and Gasketing Foams
The use of slow-recovery foam for shock absorption or vibration isolation is an important point in your application. Gasketing foam is also useful for shock protection, vibration isolation or gasketing applications.
Barrier and Barrier Composites
TUFCOTE sound barriers meet the physical and performance requirement of a variety of applications.
- Barrier Treatment (pdf) – TUFCOTE Barriers are one of the most effective means to control the transmission of airborne noise. They are easy to install and resistant to contaminants and heat.
- Barrier Composites (pdf) – Barrier composites incorporate the sound absorption properties of acoustical foams with the sound barrier properties of barrier material.