Product Summary Pages
A custom solution set for your noise, vibration or thermal problems can include various materials. Following is a brief description of some of the materials that may be included in your solution.
Acoustical absorbing foams are widely used to reduce noise levels within a given space. These tough foams are produced using a proprietary thin sheet casting process that chemically bonds the foams to a variety of facings and the adhesive.
- TUFCOTE Foam Series Summary Sheet (pdf) – Our formulated TUFCOTE acoustical foams meet the needs of specific application within different markets.
- TUFCOTE H PSM Foam (pdf) – H PSM Foam is an custom designed foam for applications requiring both acoustic and thermal control.
- Thinsulate TK Product Family (pdf) – Thinsulate TK is a high-performance, low density acoustic and thermal material.
- Thinsulate TK-0578 Acoustic Thermal Insulation (pdf) – Thinsulate TK-0578 is a high temperature resistant, acoustic insulation material.
Structural damping materials help reduce destructive energy in your product.
- Damping Series Summary Sheet (pdf) – Structureborne damping can be customized by material thickness or facing for your specific application.
- Damping Composites Summary Sheet (pdf) – Damping composites combine the benefits of both an acoustical foam and a structureborne damping material.
- ISODAMP TD-1604 (pdf) – TD-1604 is a self-adhering, damping composite used for controlling structureborne vibration
Our proprietary, highly damped elastomeric materials provide high-performance shock, vibration and noise control.
Our thermal shielding products help protect against thermal damage to improve both reliability and comfort.
Slow Recovery and Gasketing Foams
The use of slow-recovery foam for shock absorption or vibration isolation is an important point in your application. Gasketing foam is also useful for shock protection, vibration isolation or gasketing applications.
- CONFOR™ M Foam (pdf) – CONFOR M slow-recovery foams are suitable for highly diverse applications requiring a foam with low compression set and excellent energy absorption.
- ISOLOSS LS Foam (pdf) – ISOLOSS LS foam materials are a fine-celled, low compression foam offering excellent shock control and gasketing and sealing properties.
Barrier and Barrier Composites
TUFCOTE sound barriers meet the physical and performance requirement of a variety of applications.
- Barrier Treatment (pdf) – TUFCOTE Barriers are one of the most effective means to control the transmission of airborne noise. They are easy to install and resistant to contaminants and heat.
- Barrier Composites (pdf) – Barrier composites incorporate the sound absorption properties of acoustical foams with the sound barrier properties of barrier material.